How Much Does Roofing Cost In Zambia
The cost of roofing in Zambia is ZMW.200-ZMW.3,500 per square meter on average. There are a lot of factors that determine how much roofing will be sold in Zambia, as we will show you. The quality of roofing material in terms of strength and durability are the most critical factors. A strong roofing sheet is crucial because it offers adequate protection. Roofings with solid roofing materials, therefore, cost more compared to roofing made from weaker roofing materials. We will take you through both of them.
Some roofing types are made from weak materials but are still very strong. Each type of roofing material is essential in one way or another, and we will show you how. Roofing serves a lot of purposes apart from protection from harsh weather conditions. We will look at all the purposes roofings serve and how the different types of roofing are affected by the level at which they can perform these services.
Cost Of Different Types Of Roofing In Zambia
Types of roofing materials are differentiated by the material used to forge them. There are two major types of roofing materials:
- Sheet roofing
- Tile Roofing
The above significant types of roofing materials are further classified into other types of roofing. Below are the types of roofing in Zambia, their unique features, and how much they cost.
1. Iron sheet roofing in Zambia
The cost of iron sheet roofing is ZMW.300-ZMW.1,000 per square meter. The cost of iron sheets varies depending on the following factors:
- Roof design: The corrugated iron sheet and conventional roofing designs. Zambians are drawn to corrugated roofs because they are better looking. There are also more expensive.
- Painting on the iron sheet roofing: Painted iron sheet roofings cost more than iron sheet roofings with no painting. The quality of the paint also matters. Iron sheet roofings with higher quality paints that are, for example, resistant to harsh weather will cost even higher.
- The iron sheet roofing supplier: There are different iron-sheet roofing suppliers with different prices
Price Of Iron Sheets in Zambia
The price of iron sheet roofing in Zambia is ZMW.300-ZMW.1,000 per square meter. This price varies due to the following reasons:
- Quality of material. High-quality iron sheet roofing is relatively expensive. For example, stainless steel roofing is more expensive than steel roofing materials because it is corrosion-resistant.
- Iron sheet roofing supplier: Different suppliers of iron sheet roofs have different prices for their iron sheet roofing. The prices are, however, not that far from each other.
- Location of iron sheet roofing supplier: The more you move into the interior locations of Zambia, the more the price of iron sheet roofing. Suppliers are not that open to transporting their merchandise to remote areas because of low sales. If they do, it costs them a lot, so they must increase the prices.
2. Tile roofing in Zambia
The price of tile roofing in Zambia is ZMW.60-ZMW.70 per roof tile. Tile roofings are not very common in Zambia due to the expenses one incurs. Below are reasons why tile roofing is expensive and can only be afforded by a small percentage of Zambians:
- Expensive installation cost: You must hire a professional to install tile roofing because if not installed correctly, they will come off. Few people can do this, and that is why they charge highly. On top of that, the toll of tile roofing installation is heavy.
- High risk of damage: Tile roofing can be damaged easily in many different ways and cause losses. Some will get damaged when transporting roofing tiles from the supplier to their destination. The risk is higher when the road is rough. Another way that they can be damaged is when they are offloaded and loaded. During installation, some may get damaged accidentally.
- High cost of transportation: Roofing tiles are made from concrete, therefore, they are cumbersome. When hiring a vehicle, you are charged depending on how heavy your item is. The heavier the item, the more the cost of hiring the vehicle.
Price Of Roofing tiles In Zambia
The price of roofing tiles in Zambia is ZMW.60-ZMW.70 per piece of tile. Roofing tiles are sold on a large scale, depending on the area of your roofing. The price of roofing tiles in Zambia in square meters is ZMW.100-ZMW.250 per square meter. Below are other factors that determine the price of roofing tiles in Zambia:
- Quality of roofing tile.
- Size of roofing tile.
- Supplier of roofing tile.
3. Aluminium sheet roofing
The cost of Aluminium sheet roofing in Zambia is ZMW.2,500-ZMW.3,500 per meter on average. Aluminum sheets are solid and can withstand harsh climatic conditions. It’s the strongest type of roofing sheet, noticeable by its price. The price of Aluminium sheet roofing varies due to the following factors:
- Type of Aluminium roofing sheet: Galvanized Aluminium roofing sheet is more expensive than an Aluminium roofing sheet because it has a longer life span. This is because it has a higher ability to resist corrosion.
- Modification of Aluminium roofing sheets: The design of Aluminium roofing sheets alters their cost. The cost of a corrugated Aluminium sheet is more than the conventional design of an Aluminium roofing sheet.
- Painting on Aluminium roofing sheet: When buying Aluminium roofing sheets, you can either buy one that is painted or not. The painted Aluminium sheet is more expensive than one which is not painted. Painting matters because it helps fight against corrosion.
4. Plastic sheet roofing
The cost of plastic sheet roofing is ZMW.150-ZMW.200 per meter on average. Plastic sheet roofing is good for shades and corridors e.g., shop corridors. Plastic sheet roofing is very advantageous in the following ways:
- Low cost of transportation: The cost of transporting plastic sheet roofing is very cheap due to its low weight.
- Low labor costs: Handling plastic sheet roofing is the easiest among all the types of roofing sheets. Paying workers to load and offload plastic sheet roofing will not cost as much as other types of roofing. Paying workers to install this roof will also be very cost-effective compared to other types of roofing.
- Translucent plastic roofings light the house: Translucent plastic roofings allow light to come in during the day. This is very convenient for lighting the house efficiently without opening the curtains.
Types Of Roofing And Cost In Zambia
|Type Of Roofing
|Iron sheet roofing
|ZMW.300-ZMW.1,000 per square meter
|ZMW.60-ZMW.70 per roof tile
|ZMW.2,500-ZMW.3,500 per meter
|ZMW.150-ZMW.200 per meter
Roofing Companies In Zambia
- Global roofing company
- Zambezi steels
- Sonar international ltd
- Baileys Roofing Company
- ClassEcon Roofing Africa Ltd
Iron sheet roofing. Iron sheet roofing costs ZMW.300-ZMW.1,000 per square meter on average. This cost varies depending on whether the iron is galvanized or not. Non-galvanized iron sheet roofing is a cheaper option. Before going for this, you should understand that galvanized iron sheet roofing might be costly, but it has a longer life span because it is resistant to corrosion.
1. Tile roofing: They are also known as concrete tiles because they are made from that material.
2. Sheet roofing: Sheet roofing is further classified into Aluminium sheet roofing, Iron sheet roofing, and Steel roofing.
3. Plastic roofing: As the name suggests, plastic roofing is made from plastic. They are the easiest to handle because of their lightweight.
Roof tiles. The cost of roof tiles is ZMW.60-ZMW.70 per roof tile on average. The surface area of a roof will determine the number of tiles needed. Roof tiles are tiny, therefore, a large number is required to cover one roof. Apart from that, roof tiles are heavy in size, so they cost a lot to transport.
Pitched roof design made into a 4-sided hip style. This roof design is solid because the roof is held down firmly on all 4 sides. The conventional 2-sided pitched roof design is nailed onto two sides of the house framing. Unlike that, a hip roof style develops more excellent support by nailing the roof onto 4 framing sides.
1. Flat roof style: This is when the roof is nailed flatly on the framing without inclination.
2. Hip roof style: Hip roofing is when the roof is pitched and connected to the four sides of framing.
3. Gable roof style: This is when the roof is pitched into two sides. On both ends, from the roofing tip to the framing, lumber is nailed from one side to another to increase stability.