Price Of Cement In Uganda
The price of cement in Ugandan is 5,000 Ugandan shillings to 100,000 Ugandan shillings per bag on average. This is a 50kg bag, the most common bag size for packaging cement in most parts of the world. There are still other cement bag sizes that we will show you. In Uganda, various companies supply cement on a large scale. These companies are a mixture of locally-owned and foreign cement companies. Local companies like Tororo do better than foreign establishments. We will show you how they manage to do that.
There are different grades of cement depending on their grades of colour. White cement is the most expensive colour grade, and we will explain why. Cement quality is determined by how easy it is to mix and apply the cement. We will also take you through the qualities of good cement to help you know what will work best when shopping for cement.
Cement products are another way that cement is sold. We will look at the prices of different products made from cement. First, see the table below, which shows Uganda’s different bag sizes and prices. Get a breakdown of the cost of building a house in Uganda here.
Size Of Cement Bag And Price In Uganda
|Size Of Cement Bag
|5,000 Ugandan shillings to 6,000 Ugandan shillings
|20,000 Ugandan shillings to 32,000 Ugandan shillings
|25,000 Ugandan shillings to 35,000 Ugandan shillings
|28,000 Ugandan shillings to 100,000 Ugandan shillings
Cement Products In Uganda
Cement is primarily sold in powder form most of the time, which is its original state. Cement can also be sold in other forms where it is moulded into a building material. Cement is a solid building material, so cement products are reliable. Below are the prices of building products made from cement:
1. Cement blocks
The price of cement blocks in Uganda is 500 Ugandan shillings to 5,000 Ugandan shillings per block. Cement blocks are used to erect a wall when building a house. Cement blocks are stronger than other types of blocks, especially if they are moulded correctly. There are two types of cement blocks:
- Hollow cement blocks: Hollow blocks of cement are used for fencing because they are vast and robust, both qualities of good fencing.
- Paver’s cement blocks: These are small in size and are used for pavements.
- Ventilator cement blocks: These are cement blocks that are installed when building a house to allow fresh air to enter the house. They are moulded with different hole patterns, which means air exchange in and out of the house.
The price of a cement block varies depending on the following:
- Size: The larger the size of the cement block, the more the price.
- Design: Cement blocks with no design at all have low prices. Cement blocks with creative imprints e.g. pavement cement blocks and ventilator cement blocks, have relatively higher prices.
2. Cement bricks
The price of cement bricks is 500 Ugandan shillings to 3,000 Ugandan shillings per brick. Compared to cement blocks, cement bricks are much smaller and easier to make, so they are sold at a lower price. With enough moulds, you can easily make your cement bricks from home at a cheaper price. Cement bricks do not have a complicated design like cement blocks. Making your cement bricks from home will also help you avoid facing losses from damaging cement bricks during the transportation process.
The price of cement bricks varies depending on the following factors:
- Size: The larger the size of the cement brick, the more the price.
- The texture of cement brick: Soft cement bricks are priced higher than coarse cement bricks because they do not disintegrate. They maintain their shape even under pressure.
Cement Suppliers In Uganda
Uganda has a variety of cement brands to pick from when buying materials for a building project. Each cement supplier in Uganda has its price for cement and cement products. The services offered and the modes of packaging are why their prices differ. The margin of difference is not that big because all these suppliers work under the same economy. We cannot look at all of the suppliers in Uganda but below are the top suppliers of cement in Uganda and the price at which they sell cement and cement products.
1. Tororo cement:
Tororo cement costs 32,000 Ugandan shillings to 50,000 Ugandan shillings per bag. Tororo cement limited company deals with supplying steel building materials and cement. Today we look at their cement. For a long time, Ugandans have found Tororo cement the best choice because they are readily available even in remote areas and have fair prices compared to other cement brands.
The following are types of Tororo cement and their prices:
- Tororo black cement: 38,000 Ugandan shillings to 45,000 Ugandan shillings
- Tororo cement red: 32,000 Ugandan shillings to 50,000 Ugandan shillings
- Tororo cement purple: 45,000 Ugandan shillings to 50,000 Ugandan shillings
- Tororo cement blue: 35,000 Ugandan shillings to 50,000 Ugandan shillings
2. Simba cement:
The price of Simba cement in Uganda is 33,000 Ugandan shillings to 40,000 Ugandan shillings per bag. Simba cement company packages its cement in 50kg bags. Simba Cement is a Kenyan-owned company, so it has not yet taken flight as it should in Uganda. This brand of cement is sold mainly in urban centres. Compared to Tororo Cement, which ensures its cement reaches the remotest areas in Uganda, this company has a long way to go.
3. Hima cement:
The price of Hima Cement in Uganda is 32,000 Ugandan shillings to 50,000 Ugandan shillings per bag. Hima Cement uses 50 kg bags for packaging their cement. The price of Hima Cement varies depending on the type of Hima cement.
Below are the prices of different types of Hima Cement in Uganda:
- Hima Supaset Cement: 34,000 Ugandan shillings to 40,000 Ugandan shillings
- Hima Multipurpose Cement: 32,000 Ugandan shillings to 35,000 Ugandan shillings
- Hima Powermax Cement: 43,000 Ugandan shillings to 45,000 Ugandan shillings
- Hima Fundi Masonry Cement: 46,500 Ugandan shillings to 50,000 Ugandan shillings
- Hima Rapidset Cement: 35,000 Ugandan shillings to 40,000 Ugandan shillings
4. Ndovu cement:
The price of Ndovu Cement in Uganda is 28,000 Ugandan shillings to 40,000 Ugandan shillings per bag. One bag of Ndovu Cement is 50 kg. Ndovu Cement is a Kenyan company that is thriving in Uganda but not as well as it had expected. The price of cement has dropped in Uganda, which has led to the company losing a lot of money. The big question is whether they will continue supplying cement in Uganda. It seems like they have decided to close shop in Uganda because it is becoming increasingly challenging to locate Ndovu Cement.
5. JK White Cement:
JK White Cement costs 85,000 Ugandan shillings to 100,000 Ugandan shillings per 50kg bag. JK White Cement also comes in 40kg bags. A 40kg JK White Cement bag costs 70,000 Ugandan shillings to 80,000 Ugandan shillings. This option is available because most people cannot afford the 50kg bag of JK White Cement, Uganda’s most expensive cement brand. White cement is more expensive because it’s brighter and less dense than other types of cement. This makes it look pleasing. It is also easier to mix and apply than other cement types.
Cement Suppliers And Price Of Cement In Uganda
|Price (50kg bag)
|32,000 Ugandan shillings to 50,000 Ugandan shillings
|33,000 Ugandan shillings to 40,000 Ugandan shillings
|32,000 Ugandan shillings to 50,000 Ugandan shillings
|28,000 Ugandan shillings to 40,000 Ugandan shillings
|JK White Cement
|85,000 Ugandan shillings to 100,000 Ugandan shillings
The price of cement concrete blocks in Uganda is 500 Ugandan shillings to 5,000 Ugandan shillings per block. The following are the factors that determine the price of a block made from cement in Uganda:
1. Size: The larger the size of a cement block, the more the price. They are usually sold in large sizes.
2. Type: Hollow cement blocks are more expensive than solid ones.
3. Design: Cement blocks designed in shapes other than squares or cubes are relatively more expensive. The price also increases when the block has creative artwork imprinted on it e.g. paver’s block.
A 50kg bag of cement in Uganda costs 28,000 Ugandan shillings to 100,000 Ugandan shillings. Below are the prices of other cement bag sizes:
1. 1kg bag: 5,000 Ugandan shillings to 6,000 Ugandan shillings
2. 20kg bag: 20,000 Ugandan shillings to 32,000 Ugandan shillings
3. 25kg bag: 25,000 Ugandan shillings to 35,000 Ugandan shillings
28,000 Ugandan shillings to 100,000 Ugandan shillings per bag. The price of a 50kg bag in Uganda is determined by the following:
1. The type of cement. White cement is more expensive than other types of cement.
2. Brand of cement: There are different brands of cement in Uganda that are sold at different prices.
3 months after the date of purchase. Tororo cement may expire earlier due to the following factors:
1. Storage: If not stored properly e.g. in a damp place, it will expire faster than 3 months.
2. Removal of seal: When Tororo Cement’s seal is broken and not ultimately used, it will expire faster than an adequately sealed one.