Price Of Sand In Kenya
The price of sand in Kenya is 20,000 per 14 tonnes lorry and 30,000 shillings to 35,000 shillings per 20 tonnes lorry. There are different types of sand and each type costs different.
The area in which you are situated shall also determine the cost since people near the sources of building sand in Kenya buy at lower prices. Transport cost for sand makes it expensive for people who are far from sand mining or processing areas. Remember you can compare sand prices among suppliers here on Estate-Ke and buy from the best.
Price Of Sand In Kenya
|Price Of Sand
|30,000 to 37,000 shillings per lorry
|30,000 to 33,000 per lorry
|25,000 to 30,000 shillings per lorry
|30,000 to 35,000 shillings
Types Of Sand In Kenya
- River Sand – This is the common sand used in Kenya. River sand is mined from river beds and is made up of fine rock particles that have been washed away from land and settled at the base of a river or any other water body
- Manufactured Sand – This is the kind of sand that is made synthetically in industries. The process usually involves crushing big granite stones into fine particles the washing the resultant material to make construction sand.
- Pit sand – Pit sand is dug from the ground and has the best compacting qualities. This kind of sand doesn’t have salt and won’t react in the presence of water thereby resulting in strong long-lasting structures.
- Fill sand – this type of sand is made up of small particles of rock that have collected naturally or crushed. Fill sand is commonly used to make concrete slabs for the floor or for areas with poor drainage. Fill sand has good compaction qualities.
Factors To Consider When Buying Sand In Kenya
- Free from salt – Good construction sand should be free from any salt composition since salt reacts with water to make a building weak.
- Has the right shape for construction sand – The ideal sand for construction should be angular in shape with sharp edges for better compaction.
- Quality sand for buildings should be free from organic matter and any other foreign materials.
Frequently Asked Questions About Sand In Kenya
A lorry of sand in Kenya costs 20,000 shillings to 40,000 shillings on average.
1 tonne of sand in Kenya costs
The cost of sand in 1 tipper is 30,000 shillings on average.
A lorry carries 15 tonnes to 50 tonnes of sand in Kenya.
20 tonnes of sand in Kenya cost 40,000 shillings while 10 tonnes of sand cost between 20 to 25,000 shillings. These are average prices and the price varies with a big margin in different locations in Kenya.