How Much Do Ceiling Boards Cost In South Africa
On average, the price of ceiling boards in South Africa is R60-R1,200 per square meter. House ceilings in South Africa are priced depending on the surface area. This, however, is disputed when there is a difference in ceiling thickness, as we will show you.
The quality of house ceiling boards also varies depending on the quality of the ceiling material. Every ceiling material serves insulation purposes. There are, however, ceiling materials that insulate a house better than others.
We will also review the qualities of ceiling materials. When done, you will know what suits your budget and your specifications better.
It is essential to understand that the prices we give you vary depending on the location a house ceiling is bought in South Africa. As we will illustrate, house ceilings are sold at different prices depending on the availability in a specific location.
To understand how house ceiling boards are priced in South Africa, you must know the types of house ceilings. Below are the types of house ceilings in South Africa and their prices.
You might be interested in the price of iron sheets in South Africa today.
Price List Of Ceiling Boards In South Africa
|Types Of Ceilings
|Prices (Per Square Meter)
Cost Of Ceiling Installation In South Africa
The average cost of installing a ceiling in South Africa is R500 to R2000, depending on the being you want to install.
1. Cost Of Hiring labor For Ceiling Installation
The price of hiring labour for house ceiling installation in South Africa is R.250-R.1,000 per square meter. The price of hiring labour varies depending on the following factors:
- Location: The price of hiring labor for house ceiling installation varies from one place to another. Hiring ceiling installation labor in urban centers is more expensive than in rural areas.
- Type of ceiling: Different house ceilings have different levels of installation difficulty. The more time and energy used when installing, the higher the price of hiring labor. Some types of house ceilings require more energy and time to install due to different factors, for instance, heavyweight.
- Size of a room: The larger the area covered by a house ceiling, the more the price of hiring labor for installation.
2. Cost Of Ceiling Installation Construction Material
The price of construction materials is divided into the following two:
- The price of nails: The price of nails used in house ceiling installation is R15-R25 per nail on average. The price is determined by the length of the nail, where the longer the nail, the more the buying price. You should note that buying nails in bulk reduces the price of nails.
- The price of wood: Wood is important for making framing where the wood will be nailed onto. The price of wood in South Africa is R.6-R.10 per cubic centimetre. The price varies depending on the quality of the wood.
Cost Of Ceiling Repair And Replacement In South Africa
The level of damage on the ceiling determines the price of repairing a house ceiling. To hire labour, you will need R250-R1,000 per square meter. The larger the area, the more you will be charged for repairs. The price of house ceiling repair includes the following:
- The type of ceiling determines the house ceiling replacement price. For instance, tile ceilings cost more than PVC ceilings.
- House ceiling construction materials will only include nails if the wood holding the ceiling is still in good shape.
Types Of Ceilings In South Africa
The types of house ceilings in South Africa are categorized depending on the material used to make the ceiling. The types of house ceilings have unique features that differentiate them from each other. There is no way to say which is the best type of house ceiling.
The preference for a house ceiling is left to the buyer. By looking at the advantages and disadvantages of each type of house ceiling, we will help you decide which ceiling suits you best. There are four types of house ceilings in South Africa, namely:
- PVC Ceiling
- Wood Ceiling
- Gypsum Ceiling
- Tile Ceiling
Below, we have prepared a detailed explanation of each type of house ceiling and how their features have been priced.
House Ceiling Types And Prices In South Africa
1. Price Of PVC Ceiling Boards In South Africa
The price of PVC ceilings in South Africa is R65-R130 per square meter. PVC ceilings are good house insulators and can be installed in any room. Below are the advantages and advantages of PVC ceilings.
A) Advantages Of PVC Ceilings
- PVC house ceilings are resistant to water. They are the best house ceiling option to install in rooms that use water, for instance, the bathroom and kitchen.
- Lightweight material. PVC ceilings are light in weight, which makes them more affordable to transport and install. Heavy house ceilings are more expensive to install because handling them requires more strength.
B) Disadvantages Of PVC Ceilings
- PVC house ceilings can break easily due to their lightweight makeup. Handling PVC ceilings is done with utmost care to avoid losses, for instance, during transportation and installation.
- PVC ceilings cannot handle high temperatures. PVC is made from plastic; therefore, PVC ceilings will melt down when exposed to high heat levels. They should therefore be installed in rooms with low temperatures.
The major disadvantage PVC ceilings have is a lack of heat resistance. Also, PVC ceilings are excellent insulators and cost-effective compared to other house ceilings.
2. Wood Ceiling board price
The price of wood ceiling boards in South Africa is R200-R1,200 per square meter. The price of house wood ceilings varies depending on the type of wood used to make the ceiling. The price of house ceilings is determined by the following:
- The type of wood used to make the wood ceiling: The price of a wood ceiling depends on the tree the wood was extracted from. Trees that produce strong wood for ceilings, for instance, pink ivory, are more expensive. Trees that produce wood that is not very strong are affordable. For instance, house ceilings are made from pine trees.
- The design of the wood ceiling: This is how the wood ceiling was modified. High-end designs of wood ceilings are more expensive than simple-design wood ceilings. The complex design wood ceiling is determined by how it has been decorated. For instance, two wood ceilings from the same tree may cost different when one of the two has decorated paintings.
The price range of wood ceilings is inclusive for anyone depending on the factors above. Knowing that, let us look at the advantages and disadvantages of wood ceilings.
A) Advantages Of Wood Ceilings
- Easily available regardless of the location of residence. Wood ceilings are the most used type of house ceilings in South Africa. There is, therefore, a variety of wood ceilings to pick from.
- Wood ceilings have a variety of designs. There are a lot of wood ceiling designs that are all unique from each other. Customers can pick the design that suits them best or have one customized on a blank wood ceiling.
- Wood is a good insulator. The main purpose of house ceilings is to warm the house. Wood ceilings come in thick layers that warm the house more effectively than others.
B) Disadvantages Of Wood Ceilings
- Wood ceilings are damaged when exposed to water. Wood material absorbs water. When using wood ceilings, you should have the roofing waterproofed to prevent water from falling on the ceiling. This will damage the ceiling in a very short time, depending on the seriousness of the leakage.
- Wood ceilings attract crawling animals, for instance, termites, when they accumulate a lot of moisture. The warmness of wood ceilings makes it a favorable habitat for even rodents. This limits the use of wood ceilings to dry rooms, for instance, bedrooms.
3. Gypsum Ceiling price in south africa
A Gypsum ceiling in South Africa costs R60-R100 per square meter. Gypsum ceilings are an affordable option for house ceilings in South Africa. Below are the advantages of using a Gypsum ceiling for your house.
A) Advantages Of Gypsum Ceilings
- Resistant to high levels of heat, including fire. This makes it possible to be installed in rooms in the house with high temperatures.
- A Gypsum Ceiling is more affordable than other types of house ceilings.
- Gypsum ceilings can come in handy for those living in noisy neighborhoods because it can cancel out sound.
B) Disadvantages Of Gypsum Ceilings
The only disadvantage of using a gypsum ceiling is that it is ineffective in resisting water. Therefore, this type of ceiling board can only be used in rooms with little to no water use.
4. Tile Ceiling price
The price of tile ceilings in South Africa is R350-R600 per square meter. Tile ceilings are not very common among many South Africans because they are expensive. Let us look at the advantages of tile ceilings that raises their price. We will also look at the disadvantages.
A) Advantages Of Tile Ceilings
- The best house ceiling type for fighting fire. Tile ceilings have no effect when exposed to fire. They can be useful in kitchens.
- Variety of designs. The beauty of ceilings is important to buyers, and tile ceilings are designed to be attractive. Like floor tiles, tile ceilings have a variety of decorations applied to them.
- Tile ceilings are resistant to water.
- When tile ceilings are installed, outdoor sounds are cancelled out. For instance, when there is rain, the sound from the rain will not be as loud as when it rains with other types of house ceilings.
B) Disadvantages Of Tile Ceilings
- Tile ceilings are very expensive. As a result, it can only be afforded by very few South Africans with a steady income.
- This ceiling is not long-lasting when not properly maintained. They are made from plastic, so they can easily break under pressure.
The price of the bedroom ceiling is R60-R1,200 per square meter. The price varies depending on the following factors:
1. The type of ceiling: PVC ceilings, wood ceilings, tile ceilings, and gypsum ceilings are all good ceilings for the bedroom. These have different prices, with PVC and gypsum ceilings being the cheapest, while wood and tile ceilings are expensive.
2. Size of the bedroom: The larger the area that should be covered money you will need to buy a ceiling for your bedroom.
3. Location of ceiling purchase: The supply of ceilings in rural areas is scarce, so they are priced higher here than in urban centers.
The price of ceiling installation in South Africa is R250-R1,000 per square meter. This is the price of hiring labour alone. Other prices you should prepare for are:
1. Ceiling installation construction materials, that is, wood and nails. The larger the room for ceiling installation, the more construction materials are needed resulting in higher prices.
2. Ceiling. You will need to buy a ceiling whose price is determined by the type of ceiling. The type of ceiling you choose should align with your budget and preference.
PVC Ceilings. These are the reasons why PVC is cheap to install:
1. PVC ceiling costs are lower than other types of ceilings. For instance, the price of a PVC ceiling is R65-R130 per square meter, while the price of a wood ceiling is R200-R1,200 per square meter.
2. It is low in weight making it easy to handle. This reduces the price of hiring ceiling installation labour.
3. It saves on ceiling construction materials. Sometimes, you do not need d nails to install PVC ceilings.
R60-R1,200. There are different types of ceilings in South Africa, including:
1. Wood ceiling: R200-R1,200
2. PVC ceiling: R65-R130
3. Tile ceiling: R350-R600
4. Gypsum ceiling: R60-R100
R2,800-R60,000 considering the following factors:
1. Size of the room: A large room needs more ceilings, which will cost more than buying a ceiling for a small room.
2. Type of ceiling: Each type of ceiling has a special price for the customer to decide what price is favorable depending on their budget.
3. Ceiling design: It takes more material and labor to design ceilings past their usual appearance, for instance, by adding decorations. A decorated ceiling is priced higher due to this fact.
Yes. This is because of the high cost of hiring labor to install a high ceiling. Hiring labor for high ceilings will cost more due to difficulty. The job has to be done on a ladder because of the height the ceiling is being installed. The price of hiring labour to install a high ceiling is also high due to the high risk a worker faces working from that height.