How Much Does Cement Cost In South Africa?
The price of a 50kg bag of cement in South Africa is R.50-R.150. A ton of cement costs R1,000 to R3,000. Cement prices in South Africa rose in 2022 and vary depending on the manufacturer and type of cement. Some brands still sell at affordable prices, as shown in this post.
Cement is mainly packaged and sold in 50kg bags in South Africa though other small-size cement bags are still used to fix floor dents.
Cement is also available in the form of products like cement blocks. The price of cement blocks in South Africa is R.8-R.20 per block. We will take you through other forms of cement sold in South Africa and their respective prices.
Cement suppliers in South Africa have enabled everyone to select a wide range of cement products. The likes of Sephaku cement have maintained their prices to be fair. We have a table of these prices and the top cement suppliers in South Africa. Healthy competition among suppliers has been good for the citizens’ financial welfare.
Price Of Cement Per Kg In South Africa
|Bag Of Cement (kg)
- Find a breakdown of the cost of building your house in South Africa here.
- View the current Cost of iron sheets in south africa
Cement Suppliers In South Africa
There are a lot of cement suppliers in South Africa. They are all doing a great job but have different prices and offer unique services leaving it to the customers to pick which one suits them best. We have made a table with the top suppliers and their cement prices.
Price List Of Cement Per Brand
|Price (50 kg bag)
Cement Products Prices In South Africa
Cement can be moulded into valuable shapes because it can hold its particles together when mixed with sand and water. In South Africa, cement is sold in not only bags but also a high demand for different cement products that are very useful in construction. Let us look at these cement products’ features and prices.
1. Price Of Cement Blocks In South Africa
The price of cement blocks in South Africa is R.8-R.20 per block. Cement blocks are made by moulding cement mixture into cubes. A 50kg cement bag can make 30-35 blocks depending on the size of the blocks. When you consider the price of a 50kg cement bag, you will realize that making cement blocks yourself is more cost-effective compared to buying the blocks yourself. The price of a cement block mould is very high at R.25,000-R.50,000, so one may hesitate to mould it themselves. You can still hire one or have one made locally at a lower price.
The last thing you should consider is the design of the block. There are creative ways that beautify the blocks. These cement blocks are more expensive than simple-designed cement blocks.
2. Price Of Brick Cement
The price of brick cement in South Africa is R.1.5-R.5 per brick, depending on the brick size. One bag of 50kg cement can make 300-350 bricks. Brick cement can be bought when ready-made, or one can make them themselves. Moulding your brick cement is more cost-effective. It not only saves on the cost of buying but also other costs, including:
- Transportation costs: When you buy ready-made brick cement, you must hire a vehicle to carry them to the building site.
- Labour cost: Offloading and loading the bricks will require manpower. The more brick cement, the more labour cost you will incur.
- Damage cost: When transporting cement bricks, you will break some, especially if using a rough road. If you had planned to use all of them, you would have to replace them. When moulding brick cements yourself, you will have them made on-site and during construction. This will reduce the risk of damage exponentially.
3. Price Of A Pallet Of Cement
The price of a pallet of cement in South Africa is R.4,500-R.10,000. A cement pallet can be used for many purposes but is generally meant for stabilization. Pallets made from cement might be expensive, but it is for good reasons, that is:
- Compared to bricks and blocks, pallets have complex designs that use a lot of cement. To make one pallet of cement, you need cement worth R.3,000-R.5,200.
- Making a pallet by yourself is almost impossible. Therefore, you will need to incur the cost of hiring a professional to do it for you. Due to the complexity of a pallet design, you will be charged highly.
- Transporting pallets will also cost highly depending on the size of the pallet cement pallet.
- There is a high risk of breakage if the pallet is transported by a careless driver or on a rough road.
Pallets are still very useful, so you can reduce the cost of buying one using affordable cement. If you can find someone to build them for you from home, it would be better. In turn, you will save on transportation costs and the risk of damage.
You can also see the current cost of land in South Africa here.
Cement FAQs In SA
R.50-R.150. The price of a bag of cement depends on the size of the bag. The price of a 50kg bag of cement in South Africa is R.75-R.150. Conversely, the price of a 25kg bag of cement in South Africa is R.50-R.80.
R.75-R.150 per 50kg bag. There is still an option for a smaller bag. The price of a 25kg bag of cement in South Africa is R.50-R.80. The price of cement in South Africa varies depending on the following factors:
1. Cement supplier: Some suppliers sell at higher prices than others.
2. Quality of cement: High-quality cement is sold at a high price.
3. Location: Remote rural areas are hard to access; therefore, transporting cement there is costly, increasing the price.
R.4,500-R.10,000. The price of a pallet of cement in South Africa is high because it uses 35-50 bags of cement to make one pallet, depending on the size. Making a pallet also requires one to hire labour because this cannot be done by anyone who is not well-skilled.
50 kgs. One bag of cement in South Africa is mainly 50kg, with some 25kg bags, which are not that common due to the following reasons:
1. The cement in a 50kg bag is easy to carry. It is neither too big nor too small.
2. The cement quantity is enough. It is neither too little nor too much.
3. A 50kg bag does not waste bag material compared to if it was packaged in smaller bags.
35-50 bags. Among all the cement products, a pallet uses the most cement to make. This is because it has a complicated design. It is also very delicate because of its size. It can break easily when not handled properly. The attention it requires to bo make just one pallet of cement is why the price of a cement pallet is R.4,500-R.10,000 per pallet, depending on its size and design, among other factors.
R.30-R.60. The usual bag of cement in South Africa holds 50kg of cement. However, a 20kg bag is helpful to a customer needing small quantities of cement, like covering a dent on a floor. It helps them save money by not wasting a lot of money to buy a 50kg bag of cement to use a quarter of the cement.
The cost of cement at Cashbuild is R96-R120 per 50kg bag. The price of cement at Cashbuild varies depending on the type of cement. There is a large variety of cement types at Cashbuild including Mamba Cement, Cement PPC, Sephaku Cement and Afrisam cement among others. They all have different prices but none exceeds R120 per 50kg bag
The price of buying cement in bulk in South Africa is determined by the weight of the cement per ton. The cost of buying cement in bulk in South Africa is, therefore, R1,000-R1,500 per ton on average. The cost of bulk cement in South Africa varies depending on the type of cement and most importantly the supplier of cement.
The price of cement at Baco is R105-R150 per 50kg bag. There is a variety of different cement brands at Buco. A 50kg bag of Afrisam cement is the most expensive costing R145 per 50kg bag. There are cement brands of lower prices but none is lower than R100 per 50kg bag. The prices of cement at Buco also vary depending on the quality of the cement.